The Interposing Relay is proposed to drive the electrical loads in AAU panel. By using this unit, we can drive two types of loads of maximum 10A and 40A. And also to monitor/measure the UPS battery voltage and inform the status to alarm panel by using inbuilt Modbus communication interface. The unit eliminates the use of bigger sized, high cost rotary switch and uses a simple toggle switch for bypass action and drive for the relays which drives the high load. Simple preventive maintenance should be performed on a regular basis to make sure UPS operating at maximum efficiency. This panel is provided to monitor/measure the UPS battery voltage and inform the status to alarm panel by using inbuilt Modbus communication interface.
The user has the following benefits
- Switching heavy loads through the unit instead switching directly from alarm panel
- Work on any scheduled operation from the alarm panel
- Provided with bypassing option
- Reliable and Secured facility
- Error free switching of high loads
- Modbus RS485 Communication to panel
- Measurement of Voltage with 1% accuracy
- Ability to measure voltage from 0-120V range
- Rugged metallic enclosure RAL7035 with smooth finish
- Auto / Manual – 4 nos. circuits
- Control circuits – X nos. of 10 amps circuits, Y nos. of 32 amps circuits based on models no.
- Each switch controls 2 nos. of circuits, 1 no. for 10A load and 1 no. for 32A load
- Communications – Input signal for controlling output is 12V D, 0.5A, feedback signal is
potential free outputs
- Wiring terminations – separate terminal blocks should be available with respective loads
Interposing relay cabinet is a device used along with automation devices to control heavy load circuits like AC, refrigerators etc…
It also has auto/manual switches to bypass the loads from automation controls and provide the feedback of switch positions to the control panels.